10 mins to complete
In this section, you will learn how to re-use automation, import & export the automations from and to your Kitchnware account, and use backups of automations.
Exporting & Importing automations
- Open your Automations
- Click on “New Automation” in the top right corner
- Add a name
- Select “Import automation from JSON recipe” and copy-paste the JSON
- Inside the Builder view of your automation, click on the three dots in the top right corner
- Click “Export Automation”
If you want to re-use some part of your automation, you can group some nodes.
To group nodes:
- Press shift on your keyboard and select nodes that need to be grouped
- Right-click and choose Add Group
- Name a group
To re-use the group:
- Click on the group
- Click Save to Library OR
- Export as a recipe
- Go to the automation in which you want to re-use the group
- Right-click and select Add Group from Library
Another way to re-use automations is to leverage a backup.
To backup automations:
- Click on the three dots in the top right corner
- Select Backup